Union HRD Minister Prakash Javadekar announced that the JEE (Main) and NEET will now be conducted twice a year and it brings a sigh of relief among the students. However, earlier, these tests were conducted by the CBSE, but going forward, these tests would be organized by the NTA.
The Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) (Main) will be conducted in January and April, 2019 and the National Eligibility and Entrance Test (NEET) would be organized in February and May 2019. At present, both the entrance tests are held only once a year.
A significant change in this respect is that both the exams will be held over many days and in this regard, students would have the option to choose a convenient date. Besides, if a student appears for both JEE (Main) and NEET, the best of the two scores will be taken into account.
NEET UG 2019: Check tentative schedule here –
For February 2019 Exam:
- Online submission of the application forms: October 1 to October 31, 2018
- Exam dates: February 3 to February 17, 2019 (8 different sittings, and candidate can choose any date)
- Declaration of results: First week of March, 2019
Get Free Educational Material Right In Your Email!!
For May 2019 Exam:
- Online submission of application forms: Second week of March, 2019
- Exam dates: May 12 to May 26, 2019 (8 different sittings and candidate can choose any one)
- Declaration of results: First week of June, 2019
NEET UG 2019: Exam Pattern and Syllabus
The NEET exam is a three-hour long test which includes three sections – Physics, Chemistry and Biology. The total numbers of questions are 180 and among them, 90 questions would be from Biology and 45 each from the chapters of Physics and Chemistry. The prescribed syllabus includes the Class 11 and 12 standard NCERT textbooks of these three subjects. Remember, every incorrect answer adds a negative mark, where each correct answer adds the four marks. There are no penalty marks for the unattempted questions.
Subscribe to CBSE News - CBSE Headlines | CBSE Results News | Updates on CBSE
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox