Important questions based on NCERT syllabus for Chapter 8 - How do Organisms Reproduce?:
Question-1: Write the various methods of cross pollination.
Solution: Various methods of pollination are
- Entomophily (insect pollination)
- Anemophily (wind pollination)
- Hydrophily (water pollination)
4.Zoophily (animal pollination)
Question-2: What is the role of seminal vesicles, bulbourethral and prostate gland?
Solution: 1. Seminal vesicles are a pair of thin walled muscular elongated sacs which secrete fluid for nourishment of sperms.
2. It secretes pre-ejaculate fluid which lubricates and cleanses the urethra prior to introduction of sperms.
3. Prostate glands also produce fluid which is released in the urethra along with secretion of seminal vesicle and help in sperm mobility. The secretion of accessory glands together with sperm is called semen. It affects the vaginal pH so that sperms move smoothly inside the vagina.
Question-3: Write three advantages of vegetative propagation?
Solution: Vegetative propagation is practiced for growing some types of plants because
- It helps in preservation of characters of the plants through successive generation.
- Seedless plants can be grown through vegetative reproduction. Through cutting and grafting methods, flowers and fruits can be grown in a shorter time.
- It is cheaper, easier and more rapid method of plant propagation.