Get Free CBSE Sample papers of class 5 English. The sample papers are designed by experts to make students familiar with the syllabus covered and pattern followed in the marking scheme. Get your pdf for class 5 english and start practice.
Duration: 2 hours
Section A: Each Question Carries 1 Mark
Fill in the blanks with the right TENSE or use your own words and complete the sentences:
- The sun _________________ in the east. (rise)
- ______________ and ______________ were the two thieves.
- At first, the writer felt a sense of ‘badness’ because ______________
- They ______________ with each other. (quarrel)
- She ______________ her problem with her father. (discuss)
- He ______________ fast but he ______________ Clearly. (speak)
- Ashish ______________ money in the bank. (deposit)
- Our parrot ______________ quite well in our house. (adjust)
- Mrs Arjun ______________ rest in the afternoon. (take)
- I’ve been studying ______________ three hours. (since)
Section B: Each Question Carries 5 Mark
- Fill in the blanks with –
(is, am, are, was, were, has, have, had, will have, shall have, will be or shall be)
a) Marshal ____________ ten next week.
b) Children ____________ curious by nature. They are always asking questions.
c) Most of these houses ____________ flat roofs.
d) March ____________ thirty-one days.
e) Last night we ____________ our dinner very late. Usually we ____________ it at nine.
2. Complete the sentences with the correct form of the verbs in Past Continuous Tense:
a) The luxury ship___________ in the sea. (sail)
b) I ___________ when the telephone bell rang. (sleep)
c) It ___________ hard when I left my house. (rain)
d) They ___________ towards the market. (walk)
e) The naughty boys ___________ stones at a small puppy. (throw)
3. Add appropriate QUESTION –TAGS to these statements:
a) Arun is very brave.
b) You can lend me a hundred rupees.
c) He did not believe me.
d) You will not miss the meeting.
e) He lives very near to your house.